Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Tuesday, April 24, 2012

California Dreamin'

The adventure is finally here!  Tomorrow morning I'll be bound for warm and sunny So Cal!  

Yesterday was my last day of work.  It went really well, and I had time to say goodbye to most of my co-workers, though there were definitely a few I missed.  It felt strange not going to work this morning. Transitions have always been hard for me, and I feel a little out of sync today.  As silly as this may sound, I also feel a little guilty about not working.  However, I know I'll be back in the work world before long and I won't regret taking this break. Also, in a couple more days, my job will be the trail.  Once I've settled into to my new normal, I'm sure the corporate world will seem light years away.
  
The past week and a half has been a lot of fun.  It has definitely felt like vacation, and there were days when I was surprised I even remembered to go to work!  I've had a great time enjoying the awesome Seattle weather with friends.  Moving out of my apartment early made things a lot less stressful.  Thanks to all the friends who have given me a place to crash and made me part of your daily routines.  I hope to return the favor someday!
     
I'm not 100% sure how my blog entries are going to work going forward, but I think most of them will be handwritten and mailed to my parents who will make the updates.  Hopefully, I'll sometimes have time to post entries from libraries along the way as well.  

If you'd like to get in touch with me, you can always shoot me an email or give me a call.  I definitely want to hear from you!  I'd also love to get letters, newspaper clippings, magazine articles, etc.  The best way to get something to me is to mail it to my parents, and they'll add it to my next mail drop.  Their address is as follows:  

          1334 G St.
          Anchorage, AK 99501

Thanks again for the support!  Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers during the next few days!  

No comments:

Post a Comment