Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 150 - 9/22/12 - The Dinsmores' Vortex

Contents:  0.0 miles

Well, so much for back at it today!  I got sucked into the Dinsmores' vortex for another night.  Great day though.  Larry drove us to the amazing Sultan Bakery this morning per a request from Peels.  This place is wonderful and a regular stop for me on Stevens Pass trips.  Huge portions.  Everybody loved it.

After breakfast, we resupplied at the grocery store in Gold Bar and then stopped by a gas station for HEET.  Once chores were done, it was back to the Dinsmores for an afternoon of movies and reading.  It was so relaxing.  Mellow, Smiles, and Shameless headed back to the trail, but Amigo and I decided to stick around.  Action Pack, Flappy, and Sunday eventually rolled in as did Mismatch, Spatula, and Pit Stop who I hadn't seen since Tuolumne.  It was definitely great to see those guys again!

I made a trip to the general store for a shake and took another shower but have otherwise been lounging around this evening.  No more GLS (Guilty Lounge Syndrome) for me.....I know we are going to make it to Canada.  I'm just trying to soak up every last trail memory I can.

Definitely back to the trail tomorrow.....Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment