Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 153 - 9/25/12 - Still Gettin' Schooled By the P-Mother Fuckin' CT

Contents:  Red Pass - First Flat Spot Camp (Approx. 23.7 miles)

Well, it was another gorgeous day, but we definitely got schooled.  Amigo and I woke up in a cloud but were glad to see it wasn't raining.  We did TONS of up and down.  The title pretty much says it all.  Flappy came up with this one, btw.  Journal entry titles are sometimes a group effort.  I had a minor crisis at lunch and ate two extra tortillas with cheese and a extra bar and then tried to distract Amigo in order to steal his cookies.  Felt better afterwards though.  I'm definitely fighting a cold but unfortunately, it hasn't had any effect on my appetite.

Amigo and I caught Flappy at Milk Creek around 6:00.  We'd all been planning to do another 6.3 crazy steep miles up to a campsite near water but reconsidered when our Data Guide indicated a dry campsite in just 2.5 miles.  Needless to say, we didn't find this campsite and wound up taking the first spot we came across at the top of the climb about 4 miles from the creek.  We were all ready to be done.  It was our second day in a row of stopping short of the morning goal.

Other parts of the day worth remembering....we got our first views of the North Cascades and walked past BEAUTIFUL  Mica Lake.  I also realized I don't think I got a single picture of Glacier Peak.  What's wrong with me?!?!

Hoping for easier miles tomorrow.....Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment