Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 56 - 6/20/12 - Livin' It Up In The High Sierra

Contents:  Middle Rae Lake - Lake Marjorie (16.6 miles)

I'm loving our slightly slower, less miles focused pace here in the High Sierra.  I feel like I'm actually on a backpacking trip for a change!  We're all about long breaks, swimming holes, and sweet camps.  It's such a welcome change from desert survival mode.

We had another spectacular day of hiking.  It was certainly strenuous though, and I'm feeling pretty beat tonight.  This afternoon we climbed over 3500 feet up to Pinchot Pass at 12,130 feet before dropping down to our camp at Lake Marjorie at 11,160 feet.  We're all well acclimatized, but it's still a lot of work.

Camp is amazing.  it is one of my best campsites ever (though it doesn't quite compete with the excellent Dodwell-Rixon Camp!)  I'm off to bed now.....We'll hit Mather Pass tomorrow.  We're definitely on the pass a day schedule for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment