Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 69 - 7/03/12 - TM Basin

Contents:  0.0 miles

Today was a good day.  Tourist and I caught an 8 AM bus back to TM.  We'd expected an ordinary bus ride, but we were actually on a tour bus and the driver talked for every second of the 2.5 hour ride (including stops).  She was quite informative (and entertaining!) and we definitely got our money's worth in between naps.

Wash Out had emailed me when he got back to TM late last night to say that my long lost buddies Nugs and Mellow Yellow were in town.  He was right!  Nugs and Mellow were hanging out on some picnic tables outside the general store when the bus pulled up.  I was so HAPPY to see those guys!!!  It was pretty awesome.  They quickly eliminated any motivation to hike.  Mellow has been helping me through my mild case of GLS (Guilty Lounge Syndrome), and I plan to spend the 4th with them in TM and then hike out on the 5th.  I've been missing these guys a lot, and it doesn't make sense to hike out tomorrow and be just one day ahead.  So all is well and I'm enjoying my 4th day of vacation away from the PCT.

I spent the afternoon napping and playing Rummy outside the general store and then made a salad and s'mores over Nugs' alcohol stove for dinner.  We were too lazy to build a fire.  More lazing tomorrow.  Off to bed now!

No comments:

Post a Comment