Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 71 - 7/05/12 - Forward Progress

Contents:  Tuolumne Meadows - Miller Lake (18.7 miles)

After five days off from the PCT including three zeros, I finally headed north out of TM with Tourist.  Nugs and Mellow were right behind and caught up while we were taking our first break at Glen Aulin Camp.  It felt good to be back on the trail and return my focus to hiking.  It was also fun to hang with Nugs and Mellow again.

The terrain was fairly moderate and we made good time.  This was fortunate, as we didn't escape town until after 10.  We ate an early dinner in Virginia Canyon and are now camped at Miller Lake.  The boys made a fire which I'm now enjoying.  My feet were a little sore today.....I'm not sure about these new shoes!  Maybe I should have done a little research before spontaneously switching things up.  The Cascadias are super light (which is why they're so popular), but they definitely lack some of the support my former shoes had.  We'll see how it goes!

More hiking tomorrow....getting back in the groove!

No comments:

Post a Comment