Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 76 - 7/10/12 - Back to Radio

Contents:  Asa Lake's Outlet Creek - Tamarack Lake (23.1 miles)

Great day today, but I am super tired!  I rediscovered my radio at Ebbitt's Pass and listened to music most of the afternoon.  It was awesome!  I'm pretty tired of my limited iPhone selection and it was fun to catch up on the latest trashy pop.  It was the first time I'd had radio since the desert.

I am LOVING the group I've been hiking with lately!  They are so much fun and make me laugh constantly.  They're also really solid hikers.  We're definitely starting to shift our focus to miles.  It was nice kicking things back a notch in order to savor the High Sierra, but it's also satisfying to see the progress that comes from consistent days.  I think 25s will soon become the new 20s.

Huge news today......For the first time in my life, I think I'm sick of mac and cheese!!!!!  I tend to burn out on things quite suddenly out here, and tonight was the night for mac and cheese.  It is truly shocking......mac and cheese has been one of my all time favorite foods for as long as I can remember.  On the trail, I've done mac and cheese for  about 50% of my dinners.  I guess it is no surprise I'm burnt out, but I'm not someone who typically requires too much variety.  Anyways, I think I'm going to trade my last mac and cheese for some Ramein for tomorrow's night dinner, and then I'll mix things up a bit for the next stretch.  One of these days, I'll keep a food log so you'll get a sense of what I'm eating out here.

22 or 23 miles tomorrow and then a 5-ish mile nero into South Lake Tahoe the following morning.  Have a great night!  Hope all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment