Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 80 - 7/14/80 - Sore Feet

Contents:  Phipps Creek - Whiskey Creek (25.2 miles)

Today was a tough day.  I'm exhausted so I'm going to try to keep this short.  My feet are in rough shape.  I think I have some plantar fascitis going on but I'm not sure.  I'm definitely still adjusting to the new shoes.  

The terrain today was fairly gentle.....I guess everything feels easy compared to the High Sierra!  Tomorrow, we'll hit historic Highway 40 at Donner Pass where there is a restaurant.  First beer is on the house!  Nugs, Mellow, and Tourist knocked out a few more miles this evening in order to position themselves for an earlier arrival.  My feet were done at 25 miles, so I'm camped along Whiskey Creek with Fall Risk, Russ, and Night Watch who I just met today.  I usually wake up before my usual crew anyways, so I'll probably try to get up early tomorrow and catch them before they leave camp.

The restaurant is about 16 miles away.  I can't wait!  I've been starving today and just went on a major dinner binge - mac and cheese with tuna, and extra cheese, two candy bars, pop tarts (Oops! Those were for breakfast!), and a protein shake that Fall Risk insisted on giving me.  Thanks Fall Risk.  I'm hoping I can pick up an extra bar or two at Donner Pass to get me through to Sierra City.  Off to bed....Crossing my fingers that my feet feel better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment