Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 68 - Yosemite Valley

Contents:  Side Trip - 0.0 miles

I spent today in Yosemite Valley hanging out with Tourist, Maya, Tal, and Wash Out.  I had a lazy morning in camp before I headed back to Curry Village for more pizza.  I proceeded to spend most of the afternoon on the porch of the community building, leaving only to buy a new pencil at the nearby grocery store and take a shower at the swimming pool.  I thought about doing some laundry but quickly lost motivation.

A little before 5, Tourist and I caught a shuttle to Yosemite Village to see the rest of the crew off.  Maya and Wash Out caught an evening bus back to Tuolumne.  Tourist and I decided to spend another night in the valley and plan to return to Tuolumne on a morning bus.

After parting ways with the others, Tourist and I hit the Yosemite Village supermarket for our resupply and then caught a film put on by the Yosemite Conservancy.  Post movie, we made our way back to Curry Village for more pizza.  Yes, I might be actually a little tired of pizza!

While I've enjoyed the side trip to the Yosemite Valley, I'm excited to get back on the PCT tomorrow.  Tourist and I are planning a 7 day, 150 mile leg to our next resupply in South Lake Tahoe.  It's going to be a tough one, but I know we can handle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment