Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 32 - (5/27/12) - Casa de Luna, aka Hippie Day Care

Contents:  Aqua Dulce - Casa de Luna (24.2 miles)

Tonight is at least tied with lasagna night for best night on the trail!  It has been ridiculous!  We're at the Anderson's house after a long day of hiking.  The party has been great.  I am way too tired to do it justice.  There are probably 70 people here.  Many hikers sped up, slowed down, or even hitched in order to hit Anderson's this weekend.  A trail angel was waiting at the trail head when we arrived to drive us to their home.  Highlights of the evening included the traditional round of applause we received when we rolled up and gave for subsequent arrivals), Terri Anderson's taco salad dinner, the hilarious text Trip sent Wash Out on my behalf, and Terri and Joe Anderson's story of how they got started as trail angels.  Without a doubt, Terri and Joe are some of the most (if not the most!) amazing, generous, open-minded, and totally wild people I've ever come across.  Casa de Luna rocks!

The hike today was good.  I felt a little off this morning, and didn't get my usual alpine start but I was better by the afternoon.  I think the first miles out of town are just tough especially with 5 days of food and 4 liters of water.  Both the Green Bean and Peels were working hard.

We're taking zeros tomorrow.  I can't wait for a day off without town chores.  I plan to alternate between eating and doing nothing.  Thru-hikers definitely need holidays too!

No comments:

Post a Comment