Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 46 - 5/10/12 - 15 Minutes of Bliss - A Double with Cheese, Cheetos, and a Pint of B&J's!




Contents:  Kennedy Meadows 0.0 miles

Today was a fantastic day in KM.  We had a great breakfast in camp with Wildflower's folks.  After breakfast, I went through my resupply boxes and attempted to pack my bear canister.  it was definitely a tight squeeze and I wasn't able to fit all my food inside.  The good news is that the cans aren't actually required for another couple days, so hopefully I'll plow through most of the food that doesn't fit in the meantime.  

Around 12:30, I caught a ride to the KM General Store where a ton of hikers were hanging out.  I spent the afternoon eating, taking care of mail (ditched my solar charger!), showering, washing dishes, and sending some quick emails.  There is a great patio outside the general store and it is perfect for relaxing.

I set a new Peels' record at dinner tonight when I put away a double cheeseburger, a bag of cheetos, and a pint of Ben and Jerry's (Half Baked!) in about 15 minutes.  Think you could beat that?!?!

I'm currently relaxing in a hammock chair outside Trail Angel Tom's Trailer near the general store.  The sun is going down and we're getting ready to watch an outdoor movie.  Wildflower's parents are still in town but I'm planning to crash here rather than at the campground tonight.  Gotta get the full experience!

I'm heading out of town tomorrow for another week long stretch.  It is going to be an amazing leg, and I'm planning to spend a day climbing Mt. Whitney, the highest peak on the lower 48.  Not sure how many miles are in store tomorrow....I might spend a little more time in town and make it a zero.  Either way, I'll be backing down my daily miles through the High Sierra on account of the altitude and relatively challenging terrain.  It's gonna be spectacular though!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there - I am really enjoying your blog of your PCT travels! I would love to know where your friend's parents camped at Kennedy Meadows. We live in an rv and want to meet up and support our friends who are doing the PCT this year.

    ReplyDelete