Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 42 - 6/06/12 - Extra Dinner Discovered!

Contents:  Camp Just Past Willow Spring Road - McIvers Spring (approx. 21.1 miles)

I knew today was going to be a great day when I woke up at 2 AM realizing I had packed an extra dinner.  I couldn't believe my luck! This discovery means that I get to eat one of my "dinners" for lunch.  While I was too short on water to cook this afternoon, I did double up and eat two PBN sandwiches.  My food is shaping up well this stretch.  Tomorrow we'll be passing through a campground where we're meeting some of Nips' family friends who'll be cooking us lunch.  The following day, I'll eat my extra dinner, and I plan to eat my emergency potato packet on my way into Kennedy Meadows on Friday.  Can't beat that!

Today was another gorgeous day.  It was cold this morning but warmed up quickly.  The terrain was fairly gentle with the exception of a long climb after the Bird Spring Pass Cache.  The views from the ridge we attained were spectacular, and we could see Death Valley National Park.  There is a little extra haze due to a forest fire that is burning about 50 miles west of Kennedy Meadows.

We're currently camped at McIver Spring.  There is an old cabin here. Smiles showed up after dinner and it was super fun to see her again.  We definitely needed to catch up.

We have an 8 mile hike to lunch with Nips' family friends tomorrow and hopefully knock off another 12 or so in the afternoon.  Another unrelated friend of Nips and Wildflower is going to meet us at the same campground and join us for the rest of the journey to Kennedy Meadows.  I'm looking forward to meeting him...Wildflower says he's super cute.  Hasta Manana!

No comments:

Post a Comment