Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 47 - 6/11/12 - KM Vortez

Contents:  Kennedy Meadows 0.0 miles

I'd intended to wake up, spend the morning in KM, and then hit the trail, but needless to say, the vortex sucked me in and I remain firmly planted on the front porch of the general store.  The main factor in the decision was the arrival of several friends I'd been hoping would catch up - namely Wash Out, Panama Red, Spatula, and Mismatch.

A few hours later......had a great day.  I woke up feeling rested after going to bed fairly early last night.  I'd wound up skipping the movie but listened to Hee-Haw play some great guitar as I relaxed in a hammock chair over at Tom's.  Hee-Haw is really talented and is carrying a carbon fiber guitar along on the hike.  Anyway, my morning today was good.  I ate a bowl of my own granola before heading back over to Tom's for pancakes.  I spent the rest of the the day rotating between the front porch of the general store and Tom's and had a burger somewhere in between.....pretty hard to beat!

Evening was good too.   Spaghetti dinner at Tom's followed by an outdoor movie......I'm forgetting the name of the movie we watched at the moment.  I also split another pint of B&J's with Wash Out and Panama Red.  I'm feeling really antsy to hit the trail tomorrow.  I'm glad I took the extra day but am psyched for the High Sierra.  I'm planning to hike out with Tourist and probably others in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment