Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 48 - 6/12/12 - Back At It




Contents:  Kennedy Meadows - Low Creek Camp (approximately 19.5 miles)

Today was a good day of hiking.  I was happy to get back on the trail after so much time in town (though the double zero was well worth it).  I mostly walked with Smiles and Sunjay.  The terrain was beautiful, and for one of the first times on the PCT, water wasn't a concern.  The most I carried at any time was one liter.  

My legs and feet felt strong after two days of rest, though I was a little low on sleep.  Most of our day was spent on gradual uphill.  After leaving KM, we hiked up a wide canyon with a huge burn area.  We eventually popped up into a huge meadow that was absolutely gorgeous.  We crossed the South Fork on the Kern River in the meadow and spent a long time by the water before carrying on.  Shortly after the river crossing, we started climbing more steeply.  I'm currently camped near Cow Creek with Smiles, Sunjay, and White Bear.

We're hoping to do our Whitney climb in three more days, so we'll probably try to put in a 22 mile day tomorrow.  I'm super tired and off to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment