Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 33 - (5/28/12) - Straight Edge on Hold

Contents:  0.0 miles

Today was one of the chillest days ever.  It was awesome.....one of those days that just goes on forever and keeps on giving.  My morning started with a pancake breakfast made by Joe Anderson.  After pancakes, I enjoyed one of my favorite past times - the post-breakfast nap.  A couple hours later, I relocated to a futon in the yard where I spent most of the rest of the day.  So nice.  We had a super low-key party atmosphere going the whole time.  Lots of food, drinks, good music, you get the idea.  I don't know if I've ever accomplished so little in a day without the slightest feeling of guilt.  Life is perfect.  The real world is a long ways away.

We had a huge BBQ tonight.  I'm camped in a Manzanita forest behind the house.  It is a great set up as there's plenty of separation between the party and sleeping areas.  Tomorrow, we'll head back to the trail in the morning.  I'm not sure if we're hitching or getting a ride from the house after breakfast.  We're currently about 80 miles out of Tehachapi and will probably roll in there late Friday.

Hasta manana!

No comments:

Post a Comment