Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 100 - 8/03/12 - Lakeside Camping After a Lazy Day

Contents:  Full Moon Saddle Camp - Deadfall Lake (approx. 20.1 miles)

Today was a chill day, but I was super tired.  I feel like I'm tired all the time now.  I miss zeroing in every town!  I think we're all in the same boat at this point.

The hiking was pretty moderate today....lots of contouring and ridge walking with some great views of Mt. Shasta.  It was definitely hot.....I think the heat is a major energy zap as well.  Tourist, Nugs, Shameless, and I collapsed next to the trail after only about 8 miles of hiking.  Our 15 minute break turned into an hour plus and I pounded nearly an entire family-size box of wheat thins.  I was feeling a bit annoyed about this lapse in self control when Shameless suddenly announced that he had just polished off three "unscheduled" candy bars.  Oops!  These things definitely happen to the best of us out here.

I'm currently camped by a really lovely lake with Nips, Wildflower, Nugs, Tourists, Shameless, Fall Risk, Mud Flap, Free, and Just a Guy.  Some of us had originally been planning to do a few more miles but changed plans in order to camp with Nips and Wildflower who'd already put in a 27 mile day.  The lake would have been hard to pass by anyways.....I don't think I've camped next to a lake since the Sierra.

More miles tomorrow!  And anyways......since when did 20 miles become a lazy day?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment