Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 108 - 8/11/12 - Oregon Baby!

Contents:  Slaughterhouse Meadow - Long John's Saddle (28.3 miles)

We're in Oregon!!! Today was awesome!  I am so proud of myself for making it here.  I pretty much smiled every step the last four miles before the border.  We had a great party.  We all packed in drinks.  I was with Nugs, Tourist, Nips, Wildflower, Mud Flap, and Houdini.  Couldn't have asked for a better crew.

The miles flew up today.  I was half listening to music, half spaced out, but I felt like I could walk forever.  I was definitely in the zone.  They say you walk 4 mph in Oregon and I could almost believe it!

According to the sign at the border, we were 1706 miles from the Mexico border and 962 miles from Canada.  I can't believe the spread....we have made so much progress over the last few weeks. We're actually doing this thing!

I'm tired and off to bed.  Cheers to my old friend California and my new friend Oregon.  It sure feels great to be back in the northwest!

No comments:

Post a Comment