Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 92 - 7/26/12 - Old Station

Contents:  Warner Valley Campground/Drakesbad Guest Ranch - Campground Near Subway Cave (27.6 miles)

Today was flat!  We had a short climb out of camp but otherwise got flat or down.  It made for a relatively easy 28 mile day.  Nevertheless, I'm really tired and want to get to bed so I'm going to keep this entry short.

We cruised through the very small town of Old Station this evening.  We'd been thinking about stopping there for the night but most of us decided to put in a few additional miles to position ourselves at the start of the 29 mile dry stretch.  This should eliminate the need to dry camp tomorrow night.  I'm currently camped with Nips, Wildflower, Nugs, Tourist, Action Pack, Shameless, iPod, Itchy, and Scratchy.  We're actually at a campground which is nice.  Action Pack's father, Action Dad, is here as well.  He flew out from Wisconsin to hike a few miles with Action Pack.  Loving our big group!

When we were at the small general store in Old Station, I got super dizzy and nearly passed out.  I'm not sure what was wrong, but I'm feeling better now.  I took the last few miles to the campground fairly slow and iPod walked with me to make sure I was ok.  Hoping I feel totally normal in the morning.  

Off to bed!  Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment