Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 91 - 7/25/12 - The Gravy of All Zeros

Contents:  0.0 miles

Today was SO GOOD!  It was right up there with Casa De Luna for the best zero ever.  Drakesbad is awesome.  I woke up this morning so happy to have the day off.  I had a leisurely morning in camp before making the 10 minute walk back to the ranch.  Holstein, Tangent, Pounce, and others were eating breakfast outside (same system as dinner), so I sat down with them even though I'd already eaten at camp.  After breakfast, we donned loaner swimwear from the ranch (a very sexy bikini for me), and made our way to the hot springs area.  We hit the bath house to clean up and then went for the pool.  The pool was fantastic.  It was a perfect 98-100 degrees, just right for hours of soaking.  I pretty much spent the whole afternoon alternating between the pool and a lounge chair.  I expect to see the rest of my gang by early afternoon.  Can't wait for some serious relaxing!

Best part of the day....Nips and Wildflower showed up!  So awesome to see them.  We hadn't been together since the Kearsarge Pass junction where Wash Out and I exited to resupply.  That feels like eons ago!  Action Pack also rolled in later in the afternoon.

The chefs at the restaurant had the night off, so the other employees hosted a big BBQ that was open to the public.  Really great burgers, sausages, steak, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, salads, and brownies.  After dinner, we headed back to the pool for more soaking.

Love this place..  The real guests pay about $200 per person per day to stay in rustic cabins without electricity.  It's pretty sweet that they welcome thru-hikers for virtually nothing.  On to Old Station tomorrow.  I think it's about 25 miles but super flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment