Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 94 - 7/28/12 - Burney Falls Park

Contents:  Conrad Ranch Road - Burney Falls State Park (approx. 14 miles)

Today was another good day.  The walking was hot and at least it was flat.  I left camp around 8:30 and reached the creek about a mile and a half later.  I got water and found iPod breaking his camp.  From the creek, I made my way a short distance up the trail to a fish hatchery.  I lost the trail around the fish hatchery and accidentally circled back to iPod's camp.  I felt a bit silly, but fortunately we were able to locate the trail together.

iPod went ahead but wound up slowing down because he wasn't feeling well, so we walked together for a few miles into Burney Falls State Park.  The park is great.  The falls were featured on the PCT poster I had hanging in my apartment all winter, so it was fun to see them in real life.  I went for a swim.  We're currently camped at a public campground within the park.  I picked up my resupply box and had a fabulous hot fudge sundae.....Life is good.  Mellow, Smiles, and Action Pack haven't caught up yet, so I'm guessing they're in the actual town of Burney resupplying.  Hopefully we'll see them again soon.

More hiking tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment