Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 104 - 8/07/12 - Peelsy's Day Off

Contents:  0.0 miles

I took a zero today and it was so nice.  After waking up Nugs, Amigo and I grabbed some bikes and headed back to Bobb's for breakfast.  On our way to the diner, we made a quick stop at a laundromat so Nugs and I could get some wash going.  Breakfast was really good.  Both the boys ordered eggs, so I went against my usual pancake order and got a burrito as I knew pancake envy wouldn't be a problem.  It was an excellent call.  The burrito was delicious....heaps of salsa and sour cream.

After breakfast, Nugs and I parted ways with Amigo and pedaled back to the laundromat to finish up laundry.  From there, we went to the grocery to resupply and then split up for the rest of our chores.  I stopped by the drug store in search of travel size toothpaste and baby wipes (no dice) as well the post office.  I found Nips, Wildflower, and others outside the drug store and agreed to meet them at the brewery as soon as I finished at the PO.

The brewery was awesome, and I spent most of the afternoon there.  Tons of thru-hikers were hanging out or at least stopped by at some point......Nips, Wildflowers, Tourist, Mud Flap, Itchy, Scratchy, Shameless, Sleeping Bag, Amigo, Nugs, and possibly others who I'm forgetting at the moment.  Also, Mellow and Smiles rolled in......so GREAT to see them!  I think all the razzing we'd done paid off and got them motivated!

Tourist, Nips, and Wildflower headed back to the trail head this evening with plans to take the first camp they found and I'm planning to hitch out with Smiles, Mellow, Shameless, Mud Flap, and possibly others first thing in the morning.  Hopefully we'll catch the rest of the crew....I'm going to miss them all!

Mellow and Smiles are stealth camping at a park in town but I'm sticking around the hostel with lots of others.  We watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off this evening......such a classic!  I'd forgotten how funny it was.  Otherwise, just hanging out on the lawn, watching Olympics pretty much just doing as little as possible.  

We are just 2 days out of Seiad Valley, our final California stop and home of the 5 pound pancake challenge.  With any luck, we'll get in and out of there on Friday, cross the Oregon border on Saturday, and roll into Ashland on Sunday.  Lots of good times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment