Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 88 - 7/22/12 - Hump Day Eve

Contents:  Belden - Cold Springs (19.1 miles)

Great day today....We got out of town around 10:30 after a ginomous breakfast at Belden Town Resort.  I went for the full stack of pancakes with a side of eggs.  Totally huge.  The crew had serious doubts that I would put it all away but I powered through.  It was excellent training for the pancake challenge in Seiad Valley.

We had a ridiculous climb out of town, and I definitely had some pancake regrets.  We did about 5000 feet over 14 miles.  The good news was that the climb wasn't nearly as exposed as I'd anticipated.  There was a short burned section, but we were in the trees most of the time.  I LOVED hiking with Smiles.  That girl is truly a kindred spirit.  Also spent a lot of time walking with Nugs.  Love them both.

I'm currently camped with Tourist, Mellow, Nugs, and Smiles.  Mellow made a toxic sludge for dinner.  It was simply inedible and looked exactly like puke.  Most of it is now sealed in a ziplock bag and the rest is buried outside of camp.  The sound effects that were made as the ziplock bag was filled were priceless.  I think our laughter could be heard for miles.

Halfway tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment