Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 116 - Crater Lake - 8/19/12

Contents:  Mazama Campground - Crater Lake Lodge (14.5 miles)

Great day today.  Sleeping Bare made a delicious breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and bacon.  After breakfast, most of us wandered over to the store/restaurant area to knock out chores.  Everything we needed was really close together which was nice.  I took care of laundry and grocery shopping and had a shower.  The store was out of HEET and I didn't have much left, but Nugio had some extra which he was kind enough to share.  Glad I can keep cooking on this stretch.

We had an awesome girls lunch at Annie's Creek Restaurant (the same place we'd eaten last night).  It was pretty great to have six girls at one table.  Action Pack, Smiles, Bacon Bits, Gumbi, Lava Goat, and me.  And I'm pretty positive we made it through lunch without a single sexual reference!  Loved it!

After lunch, I hung out in front of the store before taking a break to head into the woods to nap with Smiles, Shameless, Amigo, Sleeping Bag, and Mud Flap.  Super relaxing.  We eventually made our way back to the store where the hiker crowd had continued to grow.  The boys had been cut off from buying alcohol and were sending us girls in to replenish the supply.  I'm sure the park vendors depend on thru-hikers, but I 'm pretty confident we aren't their favorite clientele.  We definitely have a tendency to take over!

I wound up hiking out late in the morning with a big group and am currently stealth camped on the crater rim with Action Pack, Shameless, and Mud Flap.  I think the sunrise over the lake is going to be fantastic.  The PCT is a great way to see the national parks....I feel like we get a really unique experience that we wouldn't get as regular tourists or even backpackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment