Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 134 - 9/06/12 - Home Sweet Home: Back in Washington!

Contents:  Cascade Locks - Windy Ridge (11.5 miles)

I'm back in Washington!  I've been dreaming about this day for months and it feels incredible!  We crossed the Columbia River via the Bridge of the Gods this afternoon.  I'm so proud of myself for making it here.  Barring catastrophic disaster, I know I'll make it to Canada now.  We are on the home stretch.

I'm currently camped on a windy ridge with Amigo, Action Pack, Shameless, Flappy, Little Bear, Super Girl, and Log.  Mellow and Smiles are probably just a short distance behind.  We are all feeling it getting out of town and had crazy heavy loads with 6+ days of food.  Definitely the most we've carried in a long time, and we did a lot of climbing too.  On top of that, we're currently dry camped with about 8 miles to water in the morning, so I carried 3 liters the last couple miles.  Enough complaining though!  It was a wonderful day and it feels good to be back on the trail.  Lots to look forward to in Washington.  I'm especially excited to link up many places where I've done adventures in the past. 

Off to bed!  Hasta Manana.

No comments:

Post a Comment