Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 133 - 9/05/12 - Shrek's Vortex

Contents:  0.0 miles

We zeroed today....it wasn't exactly planned but it was so nice.  Kirsten gave me a ride back to Cascade Locks first thing in the morning.  The drive probably took just over an hour including a quick stop at the famous Voo Doo Donuts to pick up some treats per Shameless' request.

I got dropped off outside Char Burger.  I'd eaten breakfast before leaving Portland and wasn't hungry but figured there was a good chance I'd find my posse there.  I didn't find them, but I did run into Panama Red, H-Bomb, and Baro and wound up sitting with them while they finished breakfast. 

After leaving Char Burger, I stopped by the PO and then headed down to an ice cream/breakfast burrito shop where Mellow, Smiles, Action Pack, Shameless, Flappy, and Amigo were hanging out.  Sunday was there as well.  I hadn't seen him since Kennedy Meadows before the High Sierra.  Next, I picked up some HEET at a gas station.  I was planning also to hit the grocery but ran into Mad Dog who was on his way up to a trail angel named Shrek's house.  My friends had all stayed at Shrek's place last night.  I decided to join Mad Dog as Shrek's house was very close and he thought he might have some food he could give me.

Shrek's house was awesome, and I ended up hanging out there for quite awhile before motivating to resupply.  The day was already looking like a zero.  After shopping, I headed back to Shrek's where I spent the rest of the day with the exception of a late afternoon diner and milkshake outing with Shameless, Flappy, Amigo, and Virgo and an evening trip to the grocery with Smiles and Mellow.  Most of my time was spent napping, watching the movie The Way (about El Camino De Santiago, a pilgrimage in Spain) and hanging out around the outdoor fire pit.  It was a great day and one I will certainly cherish.

Hiking (hopefully!) tomorrow.  Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment