Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day 141 - 9/13/12 - Dragging Our Feet

Contents:  0.0 miles

Today was another great day.....I've been on a good stretch lately!  We woke up and had a delicious breakfast courtesy of Paul and Kim....pancakes, eggs, bacon and fruit.  So appreciated!  After breakfast, Paul gave us all rides into Packwood so we could take care of town chores.  I hit the PO and library and then grabbed lunch at an awesome burger joint.  Also possibly the best chocolate peanut butter milk shake I've had on the trail so far! After lunch, we made our way to the grocery store to resupply.  Also the Shell station.  Packwood is super hiker friendly......everything is located within a radius of a few blocks.

Chores down, we got rides back to Paul and Kim's place to get organized and pack up.  Amigo, Action Pack, Sunday, and I got a lift from a woman who was in town from Yakima to get her son who is on the trail but a short distance back, while Paul picked up the rest of the crew.  Back at the house I even had time for a nap in the amazing bed before it was time to return to the trail.  Kim and Paul each took a car load.  This has definitely been one of our least stressful town stops.

I think we are all starting to face the reality that we're on the home stretch.  It's super exciting and we're all tired, but it is going to be so hard to let go of this life.  I'm trying to savor every moment.  I will miss even the least glamorous respects of trail life such as sitting outside the grocery store in the parking lot repackaging food, doing laundry in my rain suit, sleeping in a pile every night, and so much more.  I think the PCT is as perfect a world as one could exist in.  Sometimes it really does feel like utopia.

Off to bed soon.  I'm currently hanging out at Lost and Found's magic listening to music.  There are fires in the area and a fire burn is in effect but it's still so pleasant.  Hiking tomorrow.  Next stop is Snoqualmie Pass!




No comments:

Post a Comment