Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 121 - 8/24/12 - Land O' Lakes

Contents:  Bobby Lake - Horseshoe Lake (25.9 miles)

Today was another day of walking, but it was good.  I think most of us felt like the miles came easily.  We had another cold night, less dewy but the low was probably close to freezing.  I'm starting to think about whether I want my parents to send me warmer clothing.  I've been considering my RAB Vent jacket, long underwear, and warmer gloves.  These items would certainly make the camping more pleasant but they're heavy so I'll probably hold off as long as possible.  We definitely do way more hiking than camping out here.

Anyways, the hiking was pretty chill.  We were in the woods the whole day which tends to get old.  However, we passed a ton of lakes, and they spiced things up a bit.  We took a nice long lunch break and Mud Flap and I went swimming.

Mellow and Smiles caught us in camp, so I feel like we're a complete group again.  It feels warmer this evening, and we have another fire going.  My SPOT batteries died for the first time.  I didn't have any spares but borrowed batteries from my headlamp to send out my location.  More Beatles this evening, too and an extra cuddle puddle.  Life is good!

Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment