Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 139 - 9/11/12 - Goat Rocks Paradise

Contents:  Midway Creek - Coyote Trail Junction (24.6 miles)

Today was pure magic.  It was one of those days that I'd like to bottle up and pull out when the going gets rough someday.  I'm exhausted and going to keep this short.  Hopefully my photos will do it some justice!

We passed through the Goat Rocks Wilderness today.  I hadn't been here before but I've always wanted to visit.  It is sandwiched between Adams and Rainier and we had gorgeous views of both.  I could pick out many features on Rainier including the Nisqually Glacier, the Muir Snowfield, Anvil Rock, the DC route, and (I think) the Emmons Glacier.  I could also see the southern aspects of the Tatoosh Mountains which are just south of Rainier.  

Our day culminated with a sunset ridge walk.  It was quite steep on both sides, almost like being on a spine.  So beautiful.

We'd been planning to make it a little farther tonight but got slowed down by some steep and rocky climbing and the gorgeous scenery that couldn't be rushed through.  We're currently camped in an unplanned dry camp along the ridge.  I had just enough water to get by and even melted a little snow to supplement though I didn't have the fuel or patience for much of that.  No moon so tons of stars.

Off to bed.  We are a big cuddle puddle tonight.  I'm definitely going to remember this day forever!


No comments:

Post a Comment