Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day 144 - 9/16/12 - Almost Downhill

Contents:  Urich Camp - Unpaved Road (24.9 miles)

My morning started off right!  Rob, a guy from Leavenworth who had also camped at the shelter fried an egg for me at breakfast.  So nice!  It turns out you can actually drive to the shelter, and he had brought some extra food in case he ran into thru-hikers.  I might come back and do magic there next September.  Anyways, the egg totally hit the spot and (along with 4 packets of oatmeal!) kept me pretty full this morning.  I think I need to eat more protein out here.  I went vegetarian a while ago (which may or may not continue after the trail), and I don't think I'm getting enough. I may try to pick up some hard boiled eggs at Snoqualmie Pass for the next stretch, if I can find them.

The hiking was good.  The scenery wasn't spectacular....lots of trees, logging roads, some clear cuts, and a short burn zone.  I felt good though....super thankful to be out here. 

Flappy, Amigo, Mellow, Smiles and I are camped by a logging road this evening.  Amigo is in the process of building a fire.  Snoqualmie Pass tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment