Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day 130 - 9/02/12 - Wedding Crash Fail!

Contents:  0.0 miles

Today was an unplanned zero in Timberline.  Believe it or not, unplanned zeros are the absolute best!  I kicked the morning off with another hotel shower.  The showers are technically for guests only, but the gal at the front desk yesterday had told me that I was welcome to use one as long as I was discreet.  I decided a second shower was in order after waking up feeling more than a little stiff.  The hot water definitely helped.

After my shower, I broke camp and then met everyone at the lodge for the most fantastic breakfast buffet ever.  It was probably my favorite trail breakfast yet.  I ate two waffles, some veggie scramble, and heaps and heaps of fresh fruit.  So good, and it was followed by an even better nap in one of the hotel lobbies.  

Post nap, I gathered a few more items for my resupply from the hiker box and ski lodge vending machine.  The stores were pretty pathetic and contained mostly souvenirs, but many people had sent themselves packages, and I had raided the well stocked hiker box last night.  I just needed a few more snack items today.  I then hit up the ski lodge cafeteria for a milk shake and headed back to the hotel pizza restaurant/bar to hang out with the whole gang.

I had a great time at the pizza place.  Before I knew it, plans were developing to crash a very fancy wedding that was underway at the hotel.  We were all game to stick around for another night if dancing was involved!  I actually would have stuck around for just about anything.....I wanted to postpone more walking as long as possible!  Anyway, we hung around at the restaurant until they were about to close and then Shameless and I snuck into the hotel hot tub while the rest of the posse headed to the bar upstairs.  The hot tub felt absolutely fabulous to my tired body, and we had no trouble getting in.  The door wasn't even locked!

After hot tubbing, Shameless and I joined the others upstairs at the bar and watched the wedding party unfolding on the floor below.  The bar was basically in a circular balcony, and we had a great view of the event.  We'd noticed that the entrance to the party wasn't well monitored.  Our plan was to wait until people were drunk and the dancing was in full swing and then walk in one at a time and join the fun.  I think this plan would have worked, but Shameless got a little cocky and went down and took a free drink while the toasts were being delivered and he was busted by a hotel manager who watched the whole thing.  It was a bit disappointing as most of us just wanted to dance and weren't going to take from the bar, but oh well!  It was still a night to remember.  Lots of innocent fun out here.

Hiking tomorrow.  Canada is getting close!

No comments:

Post a Comment