Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day 131 - 9/03/12 - Weary Wheels

Contents:  Timberline Lodge - Junction with Hicleberry Mountain Trail (21.4 miles)

We made it out of Timberline today!  Fortunately for me, many of my comrades were a bit hung over and moving slowly.  No hang over for me, but I knew my legs would still be tired from the 55 miler.  I got out of camp first after an oatmeal breakfast.  Smiles and Amigo hit the buffet again, while Shameless, Action Pack, and Mellow slept in and got out of camp quite a bit later.  Flappy escaped sometime after Smiles and Amigo but before the rest.

The hiking was good.  My feet and legs were sore, but they could have been much worse.  I took the first 5-ish miles super slowly and then rested at a creek where Smiles and Amigo caught me.

The three of us took a 2.1 alternate route that went past Ramona Falls.  It bypassed 2.1 miles of the PCT and was pretty cool.  Lots of day hikers.  Flappy caught us as we were stopped for lunch at the end of the alternate.  Otherwise, we walked through lots of forest with frequent views of Hood, and occasional views of Adams and Helens.  The terrain wasn't nearly as flat as it's been. 

There was a much appreciated beer and soda cache at around a few miles before camp.  Flappy, Amigo, Smiles, and I had a great time there.  Flappy gave us some great demonstrations that I can't elaborate on.....Needless to say we were all in stitches.

We've all made it to camp and have been cozied up next to Amigo's fire.  Cascade Locks tomorrow!  I can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment