Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 136 - 9/08/12 - Endless Up

Contents:  Panther Creek Campsite - Junction Lake (25.4 miles)

Today was hard!  I feel like all I did was climb.  We did over 3000 feet of elevation gain straight out of camp and then had a brief respite before starting another big climb.  We were mostly in the trees, but got frequent views of Adams.  I could see the SW Chutes, the route I skied summer before last.  It looked like you could still ski a continuous line from the false summit, but it would definitely be narrow.  Not sure if people are still doing it!

I'm camped with Amigo, Action Pack, Flappy, and Shameless.  We have thunder and lightening but Flappy was the only one of us smart enough to set up a tent.  Really hoping we're not all scrambling in a few hours.  

I've been seeing a lot of fall colors.  I first noticed some subtle changes leaving Timberline but they've become more pronounced since.  The days are feeling short too!

Off to bed.  Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment