Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 135 - 9/07/12 - Ferns and Bridges

Contents:  Windy Ridge - Panther Creek Campsite (24.1 miles)

Good day today.  We hiked through a lot of beautiful forest.  Flappy was loving it.  I walked with Little Bear and Super Girl for the first time and really enjoyed getting to know them both.  Other things worth noting....I took a great nap at lunch.  I am trying to get off the Crystal L and have been super tired (and suffering from caffeine withdrawal headaches).  Action Pack fell in the creek at our first water stop but was ok.  Amigo has a severe case of monkey butt.  (He requested that I document this).  Lastly, I made a very salty spaghetti dinner courtesy of Mad Dog.  It was my first night of pasta with red sauce and it was quite tasty, but I think I should have gone with half a sauce packet instead of a whole.  Not bad though!

We are camped fairly close to a car campground, and some hippies invited us over for music.  I think Action Pack, Shameless, Little Bear, and Super Girl are going to check it out, but I am too tired and off to bed.  I'm sure it'll be fun though.

Big climb tomorrow.  Have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment