Dr. Seuss Quote

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss



Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day 128 - 8/31/12 -Resting Up For the 55 Mile Challenge

Contents: 0.0 miles

Hello!  I am writing this entry a little earlier than usual, as I am getting ready to embark on the 55 mile challenge.  Mud Flap (Flappy) and I are planning to leave Olallie Lake around 5.  We'll knock out a few easy miles before the sun sets, push through the night, and then crank out the really fatiguing miles during the day tomorrow when we'd normally be walking anyways.  With some luck, we should walk into Timberline Lodge late tomorrow afternoon in time for a massive pizza celebration.

My day has been good so far.  I hit up the Olallie Lake store for a chocolate muffin after breakfast and also grabbed some junk food for the trail but have since been holed up in my tent.  I slept well last night and am definitely more rested.  I feel a little nervous, almost the way I would before a marathon but I know I shouldn't because I can stop and make camp at any point.  I just hope this isn't a poor choice for my already very beat up feet and legs.

Hasta manana, hopefully from Timberline Lodge!

No comments:

Post a Comment